Make an impact on STUDENTS in 2017-18 as aN AMERICORP Promise Fellow!
Would you love to help children grow and succeed in school? If your answer is yes, you can serve as a AmeriCorps Promise Fellow!
General AmeriCorps Promise Fellow Position Responsibilities
- Build and foster strong relationships with their selected students.
- Coordinate and deliver in and out of school time academic enrichment activities with the goal that at least 30 youth in grades 6-10 will experience academic gains.
- Meet regularly with Youth Success Team to review data and identify youth to serve; track student progress; and determine which interventions to connect to individual students or groups of students.
- Develop and organize projects that engage youth participants in service and leadership activities.
- Recruit and/or support community volunteers, including family members, to work with youth participants in areas such as mentoring, tutoring, civic engagement, and college/career exploration.
- Provide attendance and behavior coaching for students targeted for needing assistance as determined through the multi-tiered system of support approach; promote positive behavior expectations.
- Maintain data entry for program records, complete ongoing youth assessments and submit weekly and monthly reports using an online database system with support from site supervisor and site coordinator
- Develop and execute a professional plan for the service year and life after AmeriCorps
- Participate in all required Alliance, AmeriCorps, and Host Site meetings and assignments.
General AmeriCorps Eligibility Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National or have status as a Lawful Permanent Resident Alien
- Please note that final candidates will be required to successfully pass background checks before being officially enrolled by Minnesota Alliance With Youth.
General AmeriCorps Promise Fellow Qualifications
- Interest and experience in youth, service, education, and non-profit work
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of tasks, priorities, and people in order to meet goals
- Ability to work effectively with people of a variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team, take initiative and work independently
- Ability to present oneself in a highly professional manner and be an ambassador of the program
Promise Fellows may NOT be in school full-time or have another full-time position and serve with the Alliance; Promise Fellows must serve in a full time capacity for a minimum of 40 hours per week during their term of service.
As a full-term AmeriCorps member, Promise Fellows serve in a full-time (40 hours per week minimum) capacity for a total of 1720 hours (minimum) from September 1st to July 31st and receive: Modest Living Allowance (approximately $624 twice per month, pre-tax); Health and Dental Insurance; Qualified Federal Student Loan Forbearance; Qualified Childcare Assistance; $5,920 Education Award upon successful completion of service; Ongoing, extensive support and training. Additional benefits information is available at https:mnyouth.net/
TO APPLY: Please visit https://mnyouth.net/americorps or contact the site contact listed above
For general questions about serving as an AmeriCorps member through Minnesota Alliance With Youth, please contact our Recruitment Team at email@example.com or 651-587-0531.
AmeriCorps are committed to recruiting and engaging individuals without regard to disability, gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
This position may not displace another employee or position in any way.
Reasonable accommodations provided upon request for interviews and service activities.
This document is available in alternative formats.