CALENDARView Full Calendar
- MonJan20 NO SCHOOL - Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- MonJan20 Tiger Club closed
- TueJan21 School Board Meeting 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- MonJan27 ECFE classes, Creative Play Center closed
- MonJan27 NO SCHOOL
High School AnnouncementsView More News
MHS students will be available in the Media Center after school on Tuesday January 21st to help students with homework. Please sign up at the MC front desk before the end of lunch on the 21st if you'd like to stay and get help.
Donate your gently worn, used and new shoes to Fridley High School Minnesota Honor Society.
Drop off shoes in the HS main office or the cafeteria between January 16th and February 28th.
Please see Ms. Wrona or Ms. Nalepka with any questions.
Thank you Fridley school district residents for voting to approve the Fridley Public Schools operating levy referendum on November 5, 2019.
The referendum passed with 60 percent voter approval!
"We are deeply grateful to our community for their support," said Fridley Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Kim Hiel. "This community has always valued its community schools and prioritized the education and futures of our students. Our community's support will provide much needed funding for academic and student support services. We value the high quality academic programs Fridley provides, and we are truly thankful to our community and voters for their trust and confidence that we will continue to prepare our students for college and careers through our rigorous academic programs."
The new operating levy will provide $1.5 million to benefit all Fridley students. These funds will allow Fridley Public Schools to:
- Invest in academic programs that enhance and enrich student learning
- Strengthen student support programs including social emotional learning and mental health services
- Maintain current class sizes
- Support current staffing levels
School Board Results
In addition to the passage of the referendum, residents elected three candidates to the Fridley School Board. Incumbents Abdisalam Adam and Donna Prewedo were re-elected to the board, as well as Jake Karnopp, who will become the newest board member in January 2020.
Fridley Public Schools families can apply now for Educational Benefits. Beginning July 1, 2019, Fridley Public Schools families will receive a paper application in the mail. Families can also complete the application online. Submitting this application provides our district with additional funding that directly supports our schools and our students’ education.
This funding helps support:
- Lower instructor-to-learner ratios
- Additional teachers for reading intervention & extended math instruction
- Student support services (deans & counselors)
- Supporting direct instruction for English language learners
A new application must be completed every school year. Families who qualify will be eligible to receive free or reduced-priced school meals for the 2019-20 school year.
To apply online:
- Parents/guardians need their student’s PERSON ID# to apply.
- Household income level
- Only complete one application per family
- Online application process will take 10-15 minutes
- If you need help, please contact the Nutritional Services Department at: 763-502-5022 or 763-502-5028.
To complete a paper application:
- You will receive a paper copy of the application in the mail the week of July 1, 2019.
- Please return completed application to any district school office or the enrollment center.
- You can also mail the form to: Fridley ISD 14, Nutritional Services, 6000 West Moore Lake Drive, Fridley, MN 55432
Fridley Students, Staff and Families can purchase Computers and receive discounted pricing through FireFly Computers by using the following link: http://fireflyadvantage.com/fridley
Fridley Students, Staff and Families can purchase Apple Products and receive Education Pricing by using the Education link: https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop