We currently have openings in our High School ALC Program. If your child is between the ages of 16-21, and is interested in enrolling, please contact us. Our school entrance requirements are listed below – you must qualify in at least one area to join our school. A full-time student will attend classes from 8:00-2:50 p.m. Other scheduling options are also available to accommodate students who work. There is also an extended day program for those with daytime obligations.
Our enrollment process is easy. Simply come in person to the Education Center office (Fridley Community Center), or register online at the district website (www.fridley.k12.mn.us). If you need help, feel free to call 763-502-5081 and help will be available. Even though we have open enrollment, you will still need to bring proof of your residency (a utility bill, drivers license, passport, etc.) to the Education Center or upload. After the completion of registration, we will request records from your student's previous school. Once we have received records, we will call you to set up an appointment.
- Performing substantially below performance level.
- At least one year behind in satisfactorily completing course work.
- Pregnant or be a parent.
- Been assessed as chemically dependent.
- Been physically or sexually abused.
- Experienced mental health problems.
- Been homeless sometime in the last 6 months.
- Limited English proficiency or speak English as a second language.
- Been referred by a school district for enrollment in an eligible nontraditional program.
- Been chronically truant or have withdrawn from school or been excluded or expelled.