CALENDARView Full Calendar
- MonNov25 ECFE classes, Creative Play Center closed
- MonNov25 Early Childhood Screening 10:00 AM to 5:00 PMFCC
- TueNov26 ECFE classes, Creative Play Center closed
- TueNov26 Early Childhood Screening 11:00 AM to 6:00 PMFCC
- WedNov27 ECFE Classes, Creative Play Center closed
WELCOME TO FRIDLEY HIGH SCHOOL - HOME OF THE TIGERS!
Fridley High School aims to develop internationally minded students. We challenge ourselves, our students, and our community to become caring and knowledgeable life-long learners who inquire and take action to create a better world. Our mission is to guide students in the development of learning skills to help them reach their full potential. To accomplish this mission, we will . . .
- Provide a nurturing environment
- Create high expectations defined by learner outcomes
- Develop exemplary programs and continuously improve them
- Strive to meet students' needs
Fridley High School students benefit from a rich curriculum and extensive extra and co-curricular opportunities. Our school is recognized for its reputation for excellence. Our faculty is highly trained and deeply committed to student learning providing a world class education within a small comfortable setting. We offer an impressive array of co-curricular programs in our school. We strongly encourage students to get involved in at least one or two of our school activities offered at Fridley High School. The memories and friends made through participation will last a lifetime.
High School AnnouncementsView More News
The School Store is now open. It will be open daily during lunch. We only accept cash and there will be new merchandise monthly. Follow us on Instagram @tigersden19 to stay updated on the merchandise. It is located at the end of the MC hallway.
Don't forget to turn in your Tiger Tickets to your advisory teacher OR to Fatima in the SSS office. The Tiger Ticket store is located in the SSS office and open every Tuesday and Thursday during one lunch- be sure to stop by!
Survivor Week is coming, second week of December. Applications are available outside of room 113, the foods room. They are due this Friday. Four people from each grade will get picked to participate. Be detailed and creative with your application.
This week is Key Club week! All students are invited to participate in some great community service activities and get to know what Key Club is all about. Key club members are wearing their t-shirts today, so please ask them about our club.
On WEDNESDAY help raise money for Gillette Children's Hospital by buying a piece of duct tape to tape either Coach Wright or Coach Reese to a pole in the cafeteria before school! Bring $1 for a piece of tape- will Wright or Reese raise the most $$? On THURSDAY decorate a lunch bag for a senior citizen receiving lunches through Meals on Wheels. Spread a little bit of kindness and make someone's day. Stop in to Ms. Goodwin's room 167 during lunch. There is a Key Club Large Group meeting Wednesday first half of lunch in the Auditorium to sign up for Holiday season service projects. Everyone is welcome.
The Science Department nominates Kanha Puy as the iBelong student of the month. The department noted that she exemplifies many of the attributes scholars need to be successful in academics and life. Congratulations to Kanha on a job well done!
Hey night school students! This is the 2nd week for extended day credit recovery. See your dean to make sure you are on the list. Remember, attendance is critical and you will be dropped from the program if you miss too many days. You will then have to re-enroll.
The GSA (Gender and Sexuality Alliance) will be meeting the first half of lunch on Thursday in room 107 (Mr. Haaheim's room).
Thank you Fridley school district residents for voting to approve the Fridley Public Schools operating levy referendum on November 5, 2019.
The referendum passed with 60 percent voter approval!
"We are deeply grateful to our community for their support," said Fridley Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Kim Hiel. "This community has always valued its community schools and prioritized the education and futures of our students. Our community's support will provide much needed funding for academic and student support services. We value the high quality academic programs Fridley provides, and we are truly thankful to our community and voters for their trust and confidence that we will continue to prepare our students for college and careers through our rigorous academic programs."
The new operating levy will provide $1.5 million to benefit all Fridley students. These funds will allow Fridley Public Schools to:
- Invest in academic programs that enhance and enrich student learning
- Strengthen student support programs including social emotional learning and mental health services
- Maintain current class sizes
- Support current staffing levels
School Board Results
In addition to the passage of the referendum, residents elected three candidates to the Fridley School Board. Incumbents Abdisalam Adam and Donna Prewedo were re-elected to the board, as well as Jake Karnopp, who will become the newest board member in January 2020.
Fridley Public Schools families can apply now for Educational Benefits. Beginning July 1, 2019, Fridley Public Schools families will receive a paper application in the mail. Families can also complete the application online. Submitting this application provides our district with additional funding that directly supports our schools and our students’ education.
This funding helps support:
- Lower instructor-to-learner ratios
- Additional teachers for reading intervention & extended math instruction
- Student support services (deans & counselors)
- Supporting direct instruction for English language learners
A new application must be completed every school year. Families who qualify will be eligible to receive free or reduced-priced school meals for the 2019-20 school year.
To apply online:
- Parents/guardians need their student’s PERSON ID# to apply.
- Household income level
- Only complete one application per family
- Online application process will take 10-15 minutes
- If you need help, please contact the Nutritional Services Department at: 763-502-5022 or 763-502-5028.
To complete a paper application:
- You will receive a paper copy of the application in the mail the week of July 1, 2019.
- Please return completed application to any district school office or the enrollment center.
- You can also mail the form to: Fridley ISD 14, Nutritional Services, 6000 West Moore Lake Drive, Fridley, MN 55432
Fridley Students, Staff and Families can purchase Computers and receive discounted pricing through FireFly Computers by using the following link: http://fireflyadvantage.com/fridley
Fridley Students, Staff and Families can purchase Apple Products and receive Education Pricing by using the Education link: https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop