Health Services Staff:
District Nurse District Nurse
Linda Snyder, RN, PHN, LSN Casey Shamla, RN, PHN, LSN
Fridley High School Fridley Middle School
Jeanette Grant, Health Assistant Chiquita Woods, Health Assistant
Hayes Elementary R.L.Stevenson Elementary
Sheila Johnson, Health Assistant Laura Dmohoski, Health Assistant
Community Education Center
Char Kroger, Health Assistant
Our Health Service is available to enhance and support the educational process by modifying, treating, and removing health related barriers that affect the student's learning. Our goal is to develop and maintain each student's optimal health, thereby increasing their learning potential.
"You can't educate a child who isn't healthy, and you can't keep a child healthy who isn't educated." --- M. Joycelyn Elders
Health Services provides care that promotes students' academic success by:
• Managing chronic health care conditions.
• Providing interventions that return students to class.
• Intervening to lessen the number of students sent home.
• Identifying health related barriers and referring for appropriate care.
• Providing health screenings such as hearing and vision.
• Promoting a safe and healthy school environment.
• Encouraging independence in managing own health care.
• Promoting student and staff wellness.