During your 11-month AmeriCorps service, you’ll receive extensive training, support and general professional development opportunities. Tutors receive a bi-weekly living allowance (every two weeks). Prior to taxes, the living allowance is $544 for full-time tutors or $272 for part-time tutors. Tutors who successfully complete their year of service will receive an education award of $5,775 (for full-time service) or $2,887 (for part-time service). The education award may be used to pay educational costs at eligible post-secondary educational institutions, as well as to repay qualified student loans.
Four full-time and Two part-time Literacy Tutor positions are available
- Two full-time positions at Hayes Elementary
- Two full-time positions at Stevenson Elementary
- One part-time position for Pre-K at Stevenson Elementary
- One part-time position for Pre-K at Fridley Community Center
How do I apply?
Positions for the 2016-17 school year start August. To read more about the program, including full position descriptions, and to apply, visit www.MinnesotaReadingCorps.org. Do not apply through the district website.
Three positions Math Enrichment Tutor positions are available.
- one full-time position at Fridley Middle School
- one part-time position at Fridley Middle School
- one part-time position at Hayes Elementary
- one part-time position at Stevenson Elementary
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-859-2825.
Minimum Qualifications: You must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- You have a high school diploma or a GED by your start date
- You will be 18 years of age or older by your start date
- You are either a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- You have not already served 4 or more terms of service previously with AmeriCorps
- Your criminal history clears our background policy
- You can commit to 11 months of service, completing 1720 hours (full-time) or 920 hours (part-time), including required training