MISSION STATEMENT AND PRIORITIES FOR IMPROVEMENT
As a world class community of learners, Fridley Public Schools aims to develop internationally minded students. We challenge ourselves, our students, and our community to become caring and knowledgeable life-long learners who inquire and take action to create a better world.
Our mission is to guide students in the development of learning skills to help them reach their full potential.
To accomplish this mission, we will:
- Provide a nurturing environment
- Create high expectations defined by learner outcomes
- Develop exemplary programs and continuously improve them
- Strive to meet students' needs
- Respect individual differences
Fridley's vision is to develop an educational foundation for students
- To be life-long learners
- To develop high skill levels
- To care for others
- To be adaptable
- To be prepared to thrive in a diverse, changing society
Values Fridley will promote: The International Baccalaureate Learner Profile
Five Broad School Board Operational Priorities for Improvement
1. Improving academic achievement and ensuring high levels of school performance.
2. Using instructional strategies recognized as most-effective within the field, instructional strategies that are linked to high levels of student achievement.
3. Creating a positive, safe and respectful environment for student learning.
4. Continuing to build financial stability in Fridley schools by planning and executing financial plans.
5. Improving parent, school and community partnerships.
Individual schools will establish goals in the district priority areas each year based on the needs at each school. Each school will measure and report progress towards attainment of its goals and will make changes in its goals and supporting activities as needed. The district administration will provide direction and support for program development and evaluation and will monitor the extent to which district priorities were successfully addressed.