Over 2,100 onlookers gathered on June 1, 2017 at the Roy Wilkins Auditorium in downtown Saint Paul to take part in Fridley High School’s Commencement Ceremony. Held outside the high school’s gymnasium for the first time in its 59-year history, the expanded space allowed any and all family members and friends to attend the event instead of only a specific number per student. Families were also given the option of riding school buses to the venue, an added benefit to alleviate the stress of rush hour traffic and parking.
The Class of 2017 featured 202 graduates. Of those:
- 9 are full International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma candidates
- 25 were IB Scholars (four or more IB diploma courses with external exams)
- 1 student graduated with an associate’s degree from Anoka-Ramsey Community College
- 20 AVID students
- 19 Presidential Education Award recipients
- 15 students with Honors (GPA of 3.25-3.49)
- 23 students with High Honors (GPA of 3.5-3.74)
- 21 students with Highest Honors (GPA of 3.75+, and a minimum of three IB diploma courses with external exams).